Follow

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

sarah...

I've probably talked about Jill and Kate too much already, but I go through phases of music and they're the most recent phase. They did a show in Nashville last week that I really wanted to go to but it just didn't work out. I've been checking youtube for videos and found a few just extending the phase. My new fave is "Sarah." Someone asked Jill and Kate if the song was written about a particular person and they said, "Even though we know a lot of really cool people name Sarah, it's not written about one person. It's kind of that ideal person you want to be and it's qualities that we respect or like in a lot of different people.. the ideal woman you want to be."





Sarah
Sarah runs when everybody's walking
Sarah never seems to second guess
She doesn't care that everybody's watching
Sarah never looks behind her back
Sarah never feels the bruises
When she falls down she laughs
Sarah teach me how to fall like that

Sarah catches everybody's glances
Sarah never throws them back
She's not afraid to take her chances
Sarah dreams in more than white and black
Sarah doesn't care if she loses
She always bounces back
Sarah teach me to lose like that

She's always first to say I love you
She looks you in the eye and never blinks
She doesn't hide it
She doesn't try and
Sarah doesn't care what anybody thinks
Sarah loves like it's never gonna hurt
With her eyes wide open too
Sarah teach me how to love like you

No comments:

Post a Comment