Follow

Sunday, July 11, 2010

hurt...

You hurt me...

Sometimes I just need to say it out loud (or write it out loud)... I don't want to actually tell you because I don't want to give you power over me... Once I've gained some perspective or distance from the situation it seems silly... But right here in this moment it hurts.

I feel like we usually have the people who are always so tough and never let anyone or anything phase them. They don't rely on other people for their own personal well-being and seem to glide throughout life skipping over the tops of the clouds. Then there are those people who whine and cry about every little bump in the road or every wrong done to them whether on purpose or by accident.

Somehow I think I need to find a balance. I'm not so tough. I do get phased. But I know that sitting and sulking about it isn't productive. To get your hopes up... and then be let down... that hurts. I have to believe it's not the end of the story. It's more than the falling down... it's the getting up after the fall. It's more than the rain... it's the rainbow after the rain. It's more than the failure... it's the success after the failure. We are worth it.
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
Lamentations 3:22

Song of the week...

No comments:

Post a Comment