Follow

Monday, July 26, 2010

love...

I fell in love today... people talk about love at first sight and I usually scoff. Is it real? Will it last? Today I met my best friend's son... and I fell in love. If a 28-year age difference wasn't so socially unacceptable (particularly when he's four days old), I would definitely be signing up for a life lived happily ever after. It probably helped when I first met Kaeden he was sleeping... and it didn't hurt during the two and a half hours I spent with him he was sleeping, eating, or content to squirm in my arms. What more could a girl want?!

When people try to explain God's unconditional love for us, it is most often compared to a parent-child relationship. Unfortunately there have been examples of parents who didn't hold up their end of the bargain... but generally speaking a parent meets their child, falls in love and the love lasts through the good, the bad and the ugly. I have two adorable nephews and have had the pleasure of meeting so many of my family and friends' children and I have seen unconditional love play out in their lives. I am so thankful for their example in my life and can't wait to experience it with my own children some day. Above all, I wake up every morning grateful for God's unconditional love for me... despite my stupidity, my insecurity, my unworthiness... He loves me anyway...

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. - Romans 8:38-39

p.s. I gave up my softball career a long time ago, but I have so much respect for Jennie Finch... retiring tonight from USA softball after an amazing career. Such an amazing athlete and person all while living out her faith in the spotlight. Congratulations Jennie!


No comments:

Post a Comment