Follow

Thursday, July 22, 2010

renovation...

This has been a crazy up and down week. On Tuesday I had a kitchen full of empty cabinets... old ones and new ones. On Wednesday I had a kitchen still with empty cabinets just new ones not assembled. And tonight I have a kitchen with new ones actually on the walls! It has been cool to see the process... I know you see a lot of it all the time on HGTV or Extreme Home Makeover... but it's different when it's your own space. It is literally cleaning out the old and starting new. Sometimes I really need to apply my kitchen renovation to my life. As summer comes to an end it makes me think about renovating my life... starting the school year fresh without the junk. Sometimes we pack it away but that doesn't solve the problem. Thankfully my kitchen installers actually threw my old cabinets outside and hauled them away to the dump at the end of the day... they aren't just sitting in storage waiting for me to pull them back out for a rainy day. Here's to starting fresh and throwing out the old... throwing it out so far it's unreachable.

My kitchen on Tuesday...

















My kitchen on Wednesday...

















My kitchen on Thursday...

















There is obviously still a ton of work to be done, but I'm relieved to be able to visibly see progress.

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day." - 2 Corinthians 4:16

1 comment: