Follow

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

perspective...

I was fortunate enough to take a break at FCA last night. One of the students shared her story... a story of more bad things happening during a 15-month period of her life than most people could claim in 20 years. The best part about her story is that most people would never be able to tell she's struggled. Sometimes we wear our hard times on our sleeve to justify our bad attitude or to get credit for what we've gone through. Instead, Jenn has focused on moving forward... trusting God's plan is at work in her life.

Jenn shared the MercyMe song "Bring the Rain" that has been a major influence. I don't think I had heard it before... but I'm resting in it this week...

"Bring me joy, bring me peace... Bring the chance to be free... Bring me anything that brings You glory... And I know there'll be days when this life brings me pain... But if that's what it takes to praise You Jesus, bring the rain."

One more thought for the day... "These days come and go, but they say nothing, and if we do not use the gifts they bring, they carry them as silently away." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment