Follow

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

so much... so soon

It's just been 10 days since I last wrote but I feel like so much has been going on. Last Wednesday was crazy with baseball, softball and lacrosse all at home. On Thursday my sister came to visit for the first time since she graduated last May. There was a lot of excitement surrounding the weekend to bring back the lacrosse alumni. On Friday Lauren and Lindsey arrived and we had a low-key night out Friday. Saturday meant lacrosse and baseball games with too much writing but all of the alumni and friends spent Saturday night in downtown Fayetteville. I love seeing people get together who haven't hung out in months or years and pick up where they left off. It was a great weekend of grabbing onto the bond that holds us together and living in this moment of where we are now.

On Sunday morning we dragged ourselves out of bed to actually compete in the alumni game against the current team. While I'm not an official lax alum (I only played for a year) I was invited to play goalkeeper to help fill out the team. I really don't think someone had shot on me since 2002 when I was trying to decide whether or not to play my second year of college... and really I didn't even learn the sport until I was a junior in high school so I was always a bit insecure about my lax abilities. Thankfully, Sunday's game did not scar me for life! I made some saves and I was fortunate to have a stacked team full of USA South All-Conference players that scored tons of goals.

Things are settling down... or at least that's what I keep telling myself. All of our spring sports' teams are prepping for the conference tournament in Burlington in a few weeks. It's a crazy four days but I can't wait! It's one of the few times during the year when I can hang out with my "nerd herd" of SIDs who understand the stress of our job. We support each other and have a chance to destress together. I also have a chance to watch Lindsey and her team compete... I love watching friends succeed.

Random thoughts of the moment...
1. Jackson Potts II - Have you heard of this kid? A budding photographer, he was asked to take a photo for an exhibit on the Stations of the Cross. He took one but they won't display it because it's too graphic. Check out his blog and all of the reactions... I love his thought process and can appreciate the photo. By the way did I mention he's 10 years old??




2. Weddings - Ever since I became a SID I have tried to convince my friends to get married in June or July... sometimes May. Thankfully my sister listened, but it doesn't always work out with everyone else's schedule. On Saturday I will miss Christina Cupani's wedding... a good friend from back home. I know my QA crew will be there in full force and my heart will definitely be with them. Congrats Chrissi!

3. We sang Justin Rizzo's "Like a Tree" at FCA last night... It's my prayer for the week. Soaking in the song along with Jeremiah 1 and resting in His promises of rescue.

I want to be unmovable and unshakable So let my roots go down deep Unmovable and unshakable in You. I, I want to be like a tree Planted by the streams of living water. This'll be my song, God; this'll be my prayer Till the end, till the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment