Follow

Sunday, January 23, 2011

peace...

Peace is something many people are searching for, but what does it really look like? Wikipedia said it "describes a society or a relationship that is operating harmoniously and without violent conflict." Dictionary.com has a bunch of definitions, but one that stuck out to me was, "a state of tranquility or serenity." Most of the time we associate peace with calm or tranquility... no drama or conflict.

I find myself praying for peace a lot... peace for a specific situation... peace about a decision I have to make. What I usually mean is, "God please make this situation better" or "God make me feel good about what I'm doing." I was reading this week about God's peace and Darlene Sala said,
"Christ's peace is not a passive absence of conflict, but an active arbitrator in the middle of conflict."

Ahhh... "an active arbitrator in the middle of conflict??" We would much rather have no conflict, but God promised us troubles. Now I'm praying for His peace... even in the middle of conflict.

No comments:

Post a Comment