Follow

Sunday, January 2, 2011

newness...


Hard to believe it's really 2011... I still remember approaching 2000 with everyone freaking out about Y2K and no one feeling prepared for a new century and here we are 11 years into it. I feel like this is the time of year when we're supposed to take a look back at the last year and evaluate our progress as we make goals for the upcoming year.

I spent the past few days at the beach with a couple of friends and we tried to think about our progress in 2010. I'm not sure what to think when my biggest accomplishment was remodeling my kitchen. Professionally, we've had some turnover in our department and sometimes fresh faces helps to create a fresh perspective at work. Personally, I've tried to treasure the friendships I have without dwelling on the loss of others.

Some lessons I learned in 2010...
... hosting NCAA events will always be exhausting and burdensome no matter how many times I do it.
... there are student-athletes who make my job worthwhile despite the ones who try to ruin it.
... I always seem to handle life better when I keep my eyes on Him and put things in perspective.

Some hopes for 2011...
... to be more decisive.
... to be more efficient at work.
... to stretch myself professionally and personally without burning out.

I tried not to use the word resolution... I feel like it is so final and non-negotiable and I want to remember my goals are negotiable and can change. Today... I'm placing my hopes and fears in God and resting in Him... praying everything I do glorifies Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment