Follow

Sunday, October 23, 2011

a praying man...


I have a habit of tearing up easily... At our hall of fame dinner people I didn't know were thanking God and their teammates for such prestigious honor and I was struggling to keep it together. There are certain triggers that just bring tears to my eyes. I can count on being moved by someone expressing their feelings of love, appreciation, graciousness for someone else.

This morning we were singing in church and I looked over to see a man wrapping his arm around his wife and two boys to pray. I have no idea what he said and I have no idea what is going on in their lives, but watching a man pull his family into pray reminds me how important prayer is... especially in a family.

I know women are criticized for being too picky or for dreaming of a fairytale prince... but I think it's more about where your expectations are coming from. There are some things I can't budge on... and I don't think it's picky to wait for someone to meet expectations God has set for us. I'm grateful for praying families... and I'll keep praying God will bless me with one someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment