Follow

Sunday, July 10, 2011

where your heart is...

My friend Quinn came and met with our FCA leadership team this past year and shared a cool illustration. (Someone might have to correct me if I get the specifics wrong, but hopefully the principal is the same.) First, she asked us to list our top three concerns or things we worry about. Then she asked us to list three things we want for FCA. She made the connection.. shouldn't the lists overlap? I can't remember exactly what Quinn said that day, but I have been constantly thinking about what my priorities are... and what I'm thinking about... what I'm praying about.

What are your top three priorities? Are those the things that occupy your thoughts? Your prayers? Lately I've been thinking about how that relates to what we're telling everyone else. Before social media really took over we used AIM or AOL Instant Messenger. Everyone had a profile and an away message where we could tell everyone what who we were or what we were doing. Maybe we used a good quote or a bible verse or a countdown for something... whatever it was by placing it there, we made it seem important to all of our "buddies."

Now we have things like facebook and twitter to let everyone know what we're thinking. Facebook asks us "What's on your mind?" and twitter asks "What's happening?" On both sites you have space to insert other profile information. I've been wondering if my updates... if my profile... reflect my priorities. I don't want to fake it and just post things to make it seem like I'm always happy and living a perfect life to make my "friends" and "followers" happy... but it is a heart check. If you read my facebook posts and tweets, could you guess my priorities? Is my faith evident? Do my words match my actions? I want my words... my actions... even my posts... to reflect my heart. What are you posting? Where is your heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment