Follow

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

yesterday

I don't mean yesterday as in Monday... but yesterday like any day before today. Sometimes things happen that we can't control. Or maybe we could have controlled the intial action, but we can't control the consequences. We can control our response to all of it... or at least I think we can work towards it.

I don't always make the best decisions. I am extremely sensitive and sometimes I allow a person's words, actions or presumed thoughts to take hold. We always tell people that you shouldn't care what people think. Usually, I agree. I shouldn't care what those girls are saying about something they only saw and don't even know me. I shouldn't care about someone who has made some false assumptions about me or the people who only have their own best interest in mind. I do care about what my family thinks... what my friends think... what those people think that know me and are going to hold me accountable for my actions.

I can't change what happened three years ago... I can't change how I responded to something in the past and I especially can't change how someone else responded to something... I can listen and move on. I don't want to be disrespected or rolled over, but I also hope that I can take the good with the bad and use it for the next yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment