Follow

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

operation weddings complete

I started this blog yesterday and ran out of intelligent things to say... I can't promise that this will be any better, but I'm feeling babble-ful...

Michelle and Dewey got married Saturday... it was my third wedding in six months, so there was some relief that I get a break... but it was definitely a lot of fun. It's been awhile since all of the girls had been able to get together, so we had fun catching up. There were people there that I hadn't seen since graduation and others I hadn't seen since elementary or middle school.

I think it's safe to say that kindergarten through our senior year, I was probably regarded as the hyper, occasionally obnoxious kid. I was always trying to do whatever people thought I would be too embarassed to do whether it was spending a day under my desk barking, wearing a flag as a cape, or just trying to be as loud as possible. I'm sure there are plenty of theories out there about why I did it all... some it was probably to get attention or get a laugh out of people, some of it was probably to try to pretend I didn't care what people thought about me, some of it was to try to keep from being boxed into the jock or the goody goody. Either way... I was weird! :)

I did some of the same junk in college, but I think (or at least I hope) I've grown up a bit in the last six years. I try to sit back more and listen and read a group better before I jump into song and dance. "Drama" has become more about finding a job and paying the bills compared to the "big" stuff we used to stress about like Johnny dumped me after 3 days to go out with Suzy or Lizzy won't stop talking about me. However... sometimes its fun to regress to the good ol' days and let go of the expectations of being an adult. It was such a relief to spend an afternoon/night with some great friends from high school to remind me of who I was... and who I am. I still can't dance and I definitely still can't sing... but they still put up with me! I'm thinking about having a fake wedding like we used to do in elementary school just to have an excuse to get everyone together again. I'll be registered at American Eagle and Best Buy!

No comments:

Post a Comment