Follow

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

mcdonalds, gatorade and baths are now permitted

so my family grew up with my brother, sisters, nephews and I all going to the same pediatrician... He was from Iran originally and had some rather different philosophies regarding raising children... Some doctors might even agree with them... and one theory might not be as random as when you combine all of his views into one man. We could probably all tell you a story or two about the time he carved the sun burn blisters off of my lips or made Kelsie jump up and down to see if she had asthma... He told my parents we shouldn't eat at mcdonalds, drink gatorade, or take baths. I felt like doctor's visits always took forever because he wanted to know about our entire family and then tell us about all of his other patients' drama. In sixth grade I had a sore throat but didn't want to go to the doctor so by the time my parents found out and made me... I had to go to the hospital because they thought my tonsils would explode... needless to say I didn't enjoy visiting our doctor...

But on Sunday my mom told me he passed away... he was 81... (sidenote... should doctors be able to practice at 81 years of age?) I'm sad that he's gone... but I think he lived a good life... I can appreciate his passion for medicine... particularly after reading his obituary... so here's to dr. mehrizi

Dr. Ali Mehrizi's obituary - http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/obituaries/bal-md.ob.mehrizi16jan16,0,7517396.story?coll=bal-news-obituaries

No comments:

Post a Comment