Follow

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

march madness

I knew when I accepted this job that the month of march would not be easy. I'm not sure I really understood the true meaning of the concept. In the big picture, I'm three days away from surviving it fairly unscathed. But it's been a few weeks since I've rambled so the 28th it is...

A couple of weeks ago kelsie hurt her knee. It's hard enough watching her team when they struggle to pull together amidst a ton of obstacles this season but to have to watch her struggle through an injury has not been easy. I played nurse for a little while and tried to be strong for her even though I didn't feel it.

A week and a half ago my former advisor and professor from methco passed away unexpectedly. I can't remember how many times I've written about death. I've lost count of how many people I've "lost" during my life. Some I knew better than others, but Dr. J was definitely a reassuring face when I returned to fayettenam this fall and I will miss checking in with her.

I'm trying to balance my work life with my social life. I think it's a work in progress. To be honest I'm not sure I'm good at it. Right now I'm in survival mode just trying to get through the spring sports hoping I can evaluate and adjust during the summer with a chance to do it better next year. I guess I want to carve out a place for me here in glorious fayettenam while still maintaining the relationships with people outside of this bubble. I used to get mad when long distance friends didn't get in touch. They said they didn't mean it and I don't mean it when I do it... but I think there is an underlying sense of letting go that no one will admit to but I feel it. We all have different kinds of relationships with different people, but sometimes I wonder who I would be friends with if there was no internet...

On a completely different note... I was saddened to hear Chris Sligh kicked off of American Idol tonight. America prefers junk like votefortheworst and mohawk warbling Sanjaya rather than Chris Sligh. I admit last night was not his best... but come on... really?

No comments:

Post a Comment